Campus services to support your growth

Student Affairs Class Deans

For non-academic issues, you are encouraged to contact the appropriate class dean:

Jason Rodocker

Jason Rodocker

Dean for First-Year Students

Kyle McCoil

Kyle McCoil

Dean for Second-Year Students

Megan Hobbs

Megan Hobbs

Dean for Third-Year and Seniors

Student Health and Counseling

Academic difficulties are sometimes related to physical or mental health issues. If you are concerned that your health may be causing academic difficulties, please make an appointment with the appropriate office in Student Health and Counseling.

Student Health

Located on the lower level of Davis Hall

(you will need your University card to enter)

To make an appointment call (540) 458-8401.

The Counseling Center

Located on the first floor of Early-Fielding.

To make an appointment, call (540) 458-8590.


Peer Counselors

The Peer Counseling Program is a team of student volunteers dedicated to helping other students experiencing emotional problems.

Recognizing that students often feel most comfortable talking with friends about life issues, Peer Counselors receive extensive training on how to help other students. They are not therapists, but act as friends who are knowledgeable about the kinds of emotional issues affecting students and campus resources.

Students with Disabilities

Washington and Lee University is committed to providing equal access to educational opportunities to qualified students with physical or mental disabilities, in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act.

For more information, including those related to disability accommodations, please contact Lauren Kozak, Title IX Coordinator and Director of Disability Resources. Location: Elrod Commons 212, Telephone: (540) 458-4055.

Career Fellows

Career Fellows introduce W&L undergraduate students to Career and Professional Development (CPD) resources and partner with peers to craft professional documents and navigate the job and internship search.

They have availability to assist with resumes, cover letters, mock interviews, networking, and more. You may schedule an appointment in Handshake or email with questions.

Residence Life Staff

The residence life staff is comprised of sophomore, junior and senior student leaders.

Resident Advisers (RA’s) work with First-Year students in the First-Year residence halls.

Community Assistants (CA’s) work with upper-division students in The Village, Woods Creek apartments and theme houses.

Residents should always feel free to call upon their RA/CA for advice and information.

Stay in the Know!

Sign up to receive our faculty newsletter!

Get helpful advice—like practical classroom tips, upcoming events, professional development resources, and more!—delivered directly to your inbox.