I hope that all of you take a moment to get outside and stretch your legs on this fine autumn day. As we wind into the month of November, a few notifications and a few reminders of Harte Center offerings.
1. Just in time for Winter Term registration, we’re pleased to inform you that we’ve added a page on Faculty Advising Resources to the Harte Center website. The hope is that this is a “one-stop shop” for anyone helping students negotiate the registration process.
2. Also, a reminder that the Harte Center offers formative consultations and observations for all faculty on a completely confidential basis. Though we’re already booked up for observations this term, we’re happy to schedule for next term. And we’re always happy to sit down and chat about particular challenges you may be facing or ideas you have for improving your courses. If you’re interested in chatting or scheduling something for next term, just send us an e-mail.
3. A reminder that Faculty Teaching Scholar, applications are due next week Tuesday, 1 November. The application process is simple—and the rewards for participating are outstanding!
4. Announcing W&L’s first-ever Faculty/Staff Writing Retreat. Got a project that needs some attention? Struggling to make time for that project you’ve been dying to work on? Join us on Wednesday, 14 December for all or part of the day. We’ll provide breakfast, lunch, fuzzy socks, writing tips, and plenty of coffee and tea. Consider it a gift to yourself at the end of the long term. Stay tuned for more details!
5. Finally, please join us on Tuesday, 8 November, from 12-1:30 for a panel on the challenges first-gen students face as they transition to W&L. Hear from students about their experiences and learn how all of us might support them more effectively. Do not miss this opportunity to learn how to expand meaningful access and learning in our community. Please sign up now!
Take care, all.